Jackie Subeck, a dynamic and strategically-minded entrepreneur, is Chief Executive Officer and founder of Hey Jackpot, LLC, a lifestyle cannabis brand focusing on business consulting, live events and cannabis advocacy. For nearly two years, she was Vice Chair of Women Grow Los Angeles, developing and producing one of the most successful cannabis B2B networking events in the LA area, now rebranded as Connecting Cannabis. She worked diligently on the Prop 64 Adult Use of Marijuana Act campaign in California and continues her advocacy by working closely with the State’s Bureau of Cannabis Control on licensing and regulations as it relates to event licensing. Her biggest achievement to date came from serving as a key stakeholder to the City of West Hollywood to help them craft their cannabis ordinance with a particular focus on creating policy for cannabis consumption lounges, the first of their kind in the US.
Prior to engaging in the cannabis industry, Jackie spent her time as founder and CEO of Footprint Worldwide, a China-centric entertainment marketing, branding, and production company based in Los Angeles and Beijing. With achievements spanning across the globe including 30 years in the music industry and 13 years in China, Jackie most recently served as Music and Post Production consultant to DreamWorks Animation in Shanghai. Throughout her career, she has produced hundreds of projects and combined forces with high profile talent including Madonna, Linkin Park, Quincy Jones, ESPN’s XGames, the NBA and eight time Grammy winners, The Manhattan Transfer.
Jackie is a member of NCIA, the National Cannabis Industry Association as well as the Los Angeles Cannabis Task Force and the Drug Policy Alliance. She was educated at University of California Santa Barbara and regularly volunteers her time to advocacy, education, policy, and philanthropic organizations spanning from entertainment to cannabis.
• Stakeholder for Drug Policy Alliance in CA - worked on Prop 64 campaign
• Works regularly with the Bureau of Cannabis Control & Regulation
• Worked together with cities including West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica & Culver City to educate city council members and help create fair, equitable and inclusive cannabis policy
• Produced very successful monthly cannabis business networking events in LA for the past two years including Connecting Cannabis and Women Grow
• Consults cultivators, manufacturers, retailers and others interested in licensing, business strategies and branding in the Southern California region
• 30 years music & entertainment industry
• 13 years working in China in music and action sports branded content & marketing